Proper implementation of e-learning in the workplace has been proven beneficial to businesses by producing a variety of positive results. Training solutions that improve the dynamics of a business are assets that reap exponential dividends in the long-term. Educated employees display a personal confidence in their abilities because they are well-trained and knowledgeable in their areas of study. Deciding how to customize learning opportunities to suit the needs of both the company and its employees is a challenge, but one that is well worth the effort.
What are e-learning standards?
When it comes to integrating e-learning seamlessly into your company’s day-to-day operations, the potential for course customization translates to easy transition and increased success in work environments. Despite the versatile aspects of e-learning, there is an element of uniformity involved. The e-learning standards in place for e-learning software are designed to ensure that certain results are attainable by adherence to common guidelines or rules. The mobility and accessibility of e-learning course programs relies on the specific creation and delivery of each program to encourage synchronization on a wide variety of platforms.
Incorporating Technology into Workplace Training
Weaving technology into the functional working of the company doesn’t have to be strenuous. Careful preparation and planning can help how you and your employees adjust to progressive learning techniques. Most people have encountered more traditional training settings such as those represented by a classroom or computer lab. Companies have paid more money for the expenditures involved with setting up archaic training environments. The expense of employing e-learning has dropped substantially. You can now access educational training courses without relying on bulky PC set-ups and external output products to create a conducive learning environment.
As the population utilizes modern technology more frequently, the number of people who use smart phones is steadily expanding. Tablets are increasing in popularity. Mobile devices are becoming a necessity rather than a luxury. To function successfully in the business world today, it’s almost paramount to have a cell phone. A way for you to implement e-learning into your business is to make the assumption that the majority of your staff has access to a mobile device. Doing this acknowledges the irrelevance of the PC to a working and progressive company. Keeping your e-learning course mobile-device compatible should be a top priority to ensure the success of your training program.
Technology Transition Tips for the Workplace:
- Light reading, videos that are concise, nice graphics and the potential to earn benchmark badges encourage your employees to have fun and feel comfortable with e-learning.
- For a little friendly competition consider implementing a leaderboard, anything to help create interest and excitement in workplace training.
- Utilize the cloud. A course that is connected via the cloud is less expensive, dependable and produces speedier performances. (Adhering to e-learning standards makes cloud-driven platforms possible to use.)
- Create a personal experience. Because online training courses can be customized, taking advantage of the versatility is a good way to keep your staff engaged.
- Observation is pivotal. Analyzing how employees in your company interact with the training modules can help you find program discrepancies that need a little tweaking.
- Use the power of socialization to better your program. Discussion boards for answering questions or discussing topics aid trainees in information comprehension. Open communication breeds collaboration and teamwork.
The Metrics of E-Learning Success
You’ve listened to the advice, done your research and followed the e-learning standards as closely as possible. You’ve faithfully implemented an online training course to educate and train your staff and better your business. What’s next? Often considered the last and perhaps most important step in workplace training is measuring the validity and effectiveness of the program.
Signs that speak of a successful e-learning course:
- Increased sales in your business. Knowledgeable staff on the products or services you provide will always benefit profit margin and up-selling.
- Cost of employee training decreases.
- Your staff is satisfied with the program. The material is applicable and valuable to them.
- Your business has a better job retention rate. The extra training involved has kept employees satisfied since they are receiving worthwhile learning experiences; they feel you are investing in them.
- Your consumers are happier. Confident staff equate to better customer service. Quality of exchanges between employees and customers are easily tracked through surveys and other means. Your customer satisfaction ratings provide keen insight on how the e-learning experience is benefitting your employees by improving their ability to answer pertinent questions.
Are your company’s goals clearly outlined? What was your reason for adding an online training course? Do you see a noticeable change in the efficiency and confidence of your staff? Are they performing at a higher level? These questions and how they are being answered indicate whether or not your e-learning program is successful.